My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

May 23, 2006

Come on in - the door's always open

Welcome to "Tales from Sweethaven Cottage".

I'm starting this blog to capture the stories accumulated and lessons learned during this season of our lives...living at the cozy rental cottage named "Sweethaven" on the White River in Indianapolis, IN. And while this house has been nicknamed "the cool-as-hell Casa on the Rio Blanco", we feel that "Sweethaven" better describes the easy rest and peace we feel here. It's a safe retreat full of joy and goodness. It's home.

If you plan to follow this blog, be prepared for some word dumps that are boring, sloppy, and self-indulgent. Those are for my benefit, not yours--and I don't have the wisdom to always know the difference. Lucky, lucky you have the opportunity to journey along with me as I do some self-exploration and figure out why I am where I am right now, where I'm going, and what I'm doing frittering away my unique gifts and talents as a technical writer/heavy sleeper/foodie/all-around lazy girl with undiscovered passions, hopes, and dreams. Hey, if you're doing the same thing, we can do it together! What fun!

I'll try to stay away from telling you what I had for breakfast. Mostly because "two hard-boiled eggs without yolks and half a grapefruit" repeated every day will get old...though I'm sure you'll be riveted on Fridays when they bring in doughnuts at work - oh, the drama! Will she overcome the siren song of sleep early enough to snag a coveted chocolate-frosted with sprinkles? Or will she be stuck with the last lone powdered-sugar cake doughnut, destined to wear a snow-white dusting across her bosom until she notices it in the restroom mirror after her 3:30 meeting?

I hope this little discourse (and hopefully discussion) will be fun. The best I can hope is that through it, I can maybe learn something meaningful...make some new friends...get to know my place in the world a little more clearly....and possibly even stumble upon something beautiful.

Don't be shy about leaving comments. I really will appreciate hearing from you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweethaven? I had no idea your home had a name.

I think it is really cool you're doing this. I will faithfully read your blogs.

Our definitions of church are totally different. You already know that, but iron sharpens iron, right?

12:22 PM, May 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home