My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

June 20, 2006

This season's theme song

As long as Ryan doesn't get "juniored"* at work on Saturday, we're planning to make a trip to Tulsa this weekend to see Blue October in concert. I'm claiming one of their older songs as my theme song for this season of my life. It seems to really fit, especially as I'm working through The Artist's Way, trying to re-discover lost dreams and re-awaken dormant creativity.

Inner Glow
Like a storm cloud eager just to go wild...calm again?
Ask permission for the wrong to win?
Drop the bomb and get your story out and get it on!
In a haze, at the beginning of your days...
going to fall down,
gotta get back up
but at your own pace.
Got to fill your cup and find the way out of your own maze.
Yeah girl...what you said now!

Hide the rule book, throw it in the waste.
Look strong, like you belong, 'cause you do belong...
Whether right or wrong, you belong.

I'm on your side.
If you fail, at least you tried
to keep your aching, celebrating, wonder-making heart alive.

And pride,
Don't keep it all inside.
Don't keep your aching, celebrating, wonder-making heart alone.
Write your own song.

Whatever happened to our inner glow?
Whatever happened to the song, the soul, the me I used to know?
Whatever happened to my radio?
Whatever happened to that song?

- lyrics by Justin Furstenfeld, Blue October
----------------------------------
* "Juniored" = on a day off work, the person with the least seniority who gets stuck working mandatory overtime if they are short-staffed for any reason. Typically happens when we have planned to do something really cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home