My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

August 21, 2006

Collosal blackberries

Ryan, my brother Jeremiah, and I spent last Saturday with my uncles at their lake house. I don't think I'll ever be able to convey to them how much I treasure the days we've spent with them over the past few summers. A day visiting uncle Steve and uncle Max is always leisurely...life moves on "lake time". We never fail to have great non-superficial conversations, learn about our family's heritage, eat simple\mouthwatering meals (last week it was fresh-caught bluegill with grilled potato casserole), and find time to nap on the porch swing, or swim, or read a book. We usually end up visiting the Apple Works orchard in Trafalgar.

On our last visit, we picked up some collosal blackberries. When I say "collosal", I mean as big as my husband's thumb; the size of small plums. Succulent. Voluptuous. Royal. Or, as the synonyms for "ripe" so perfectly say:

Ambrosial,

Delectable,

Extravagant and exuberant.

Flourishing

Fresh

Juicy, lavish, luscious,
luxurious.

Rich

Sensuous, succulent

and wouldn't you know it,
yummy.

Much like the time we spend with our uncles at the lake, they are truly a pleasure in life that I have done nothing to deserve and am deeply and truly grateful that I get to experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home