My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

August 30, 2006

Things to remember when you fly

So, I’m going to Chicago this afternoon to meet Ryan – he’s up there for some union work. I’ll be coming back tomorrow morning.
I had a minor packing delimma this morning. As I was packing my Victoria's Secret Very Sexy bra, it hit me that the thing has gel! So, in case you were wondering about your bras being confiscated, here’s what the TSA website says:
  • Gel-filled bras may be worn through security screening and aboard aircraft. (Huh. I wonder if this means that you can’t put it in your carry-on bag, though? Would you have to put it on over your clothes so that you are actually wearing it through the security screening?)

Other interesting items:

  • The only liquid/gels you can carry on are prescription meds, up to 4 oz. of eye drops, up to 4 oz. of saline solution, and up to 4 oz. of personal lubricants. (Good to know that terrorist threats won’t get in the way of people joining the “Mile High Club”)
  • In case you were wondering, you ARE allowed to bring your “toy transformer robots” on board the airplane.
  • Again, in case you were wondering, you are NOT allowed to bring a “cattle prod” on board.
  • Nor are you allowed to bring “cheese in pressurized containers” with you on board.
  • In the “heh heh, they said “tool”” department, you are allowed to bring your “tool” on board, but only if it’s seven inches or less in length.

Someone should make a documentary where they film airport security screeners responding to random objects on the first day that they recieve new directives. It has to be absolutely hysterical to watch them debate what to do with bras, "toys" (no, I'm not talking about "toy transformer robots"), and the other random things people try to take on planes.

5 Comments:

Blogger gRegor said...

I hate to say it... but when you can't bring Easy Cheese on your flight, the terrorists have won.

2:40 PM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Julie said...

that's great...

2:01 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Maurice Broaddus said...

i have a friend who regularly sets off the metal detectors at airports because her bras have so much underwire support.

it's always a fun time explaining that one. "really officers, there are no weapons under them."

10:55 AM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger Lauren said...

Maurice! "Your Honor, I would like to apologize for my client on the grounds that he's an idiot." ;-)

That's funny. So that's why my cattle prod was confiscated last time I tried to fly.

11:03 AM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger Zev Winicur said...

It's amazing what those terrorists can do with 5 oz. of saline and a cattle prod. I see a very funny YouTube video in the making.

12:51 PM, October 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home